When launching a business staying organized is an absolute MUST! Here are a few of my daily necessities in staying organized with the hectic schedule of an entrepreneur.
Day Designer – I discovered the Day Designer and it has CHANGED MY LIFE!! I tried several different planners but the Day Designer is everything I have been looking for in a planner. It’s ideal in keeping my days organized and scheduling my goals in my business and in my personal life.
- monthly overview
- pages for notes
- hourly breakdown
- to-do checklists
- area for daily “download”
- inspirational quotes
- encouragement for daily gratitude (SO important for entrepreneurs)
- sturdy (I carry mine with me EVERYWHERE)
- downloadable worksheets to determine goals and goal focus for your year
- size (large and heavy for a purse)
- only available online
- sells out quickly and is only released specific months
Toggl – Toggl is a timekeeping app/ website that allows you to track the time it takes for you to complete each task. This particular app is free and available on mobile devices and desktops. Seeing the time you are spending to complete each task allows for you to maximize your time and plan accurately.
- ability to log in and keep a history
- ability to categorize tasks into different “projects”
- ability to run different report summaries
- ability to have others on your team log their time under relevant projects
- manual or timer option
- desktop and mobile app is limited
- must log in to the website to view full range of capabilities
- must upgrade to use billing capabilities
iPad w Logitech Keyboard - For those of you that don’t know me entirely, I am a MAC USER! You will not find me standing at line outside of an Apple store the day of a new release (inefficient use of time) but I am all about efficiency and my Apple products have been the greatest decisions of my work life. I work from the home office with my 8 yr old iMac that still runs like the day I bought it and when I am out and about working or traveling I have my iPad with my Logitech keyboard. I blog, plan, market, build spreadsheets, email, attach files, research with no restrictions. It’s the perfect complement to my iMac!! Any files I need are on the cloud and easily accessible from my iPad. It’s so necessary to be able to work from anywhere with no restrictions or preparations.
- ability to work from anywhere
- small and easy to carry
- Logitech keyboard is sturdy and holds charge for months
- keyboard is magnetic and compact
- perfect complement to iPhone and iMac
- does not hold files, must always work off cloud
Website: (duh) http://www.apple.com/ipad/
Mophie charger case - I feel like this is a no brainer but it’s so inexcusable in 2015 to run out of charge in your phone. As an entrepreneur your phone is your lifeline and you will be on it more than the average adult. Searching around for an outlet or charging your phone in a random hallway of a public space is such a hassle and waste of time. The Mophie case is a phone case that goes directly on your phone and has a switch that allows you to charge when you get low.
- charges your phone
- a little pricy
- gives you one charge
- case is bulky
These are all the things that keep me organized though the daily responsibilities of being an entrepreneur. Now the only thing you need is a professional bag big enough to carry everything with you! What are some things that get you through your day?